Monday, February 2, 2009

6 More Weeks...Might as well learn some new words...

I was going to draw some pictures, but I left my mouse at work and trying to draw in MS Paint with a touch-pad is impossible. Maybe tomorrow...


So here's some new words for ya...


It's happened to all of us, you're talking to someone who is desperately trying to sound intelligent. However, instead, they demonstrate their:

Fauxcabulary- The description for the vocabulary of someone that regularly uses words incorrectly. Here's a perfect example- "Honestly, irregardless of how this turns out, we just know this is going to be a reoccurring event, so arguing about it is really a mute point." They need to take a Fauxking English class.


I'm not really into sports that much. But, it always amazes me when I see people getting so riled up at the other people watching the game. Especially when they don't want the same team to win. So after watching the Superbowl last night, this word came to mind.

Fanimosity- The immense hatred felt between sports fans rooting for different teams.


Person 1- "Can I borrow your phone?"
Person 2- "Sure here you go. Wait...{wipes it off on jeans and hands it to you} ok here."

Cell Philm- That layer of face grease that is always on the screen of your cell phone no matter what article of clothing you wipe it on.


Cell Philm reminds me of when I was a little boy and would go over to my Gramma's house. I'd pick up the phone to make a call and without fail, the entire earpiece was covered in make up.

I call this:

Phonedation- The build up of foundation make up on the phones of all Grammas that you have to wipe off before using. Otherwise, you'll end up with a Gramma colored smudge on your cheek.


Well, I'm pretty wiped myself, time for bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, yes the make-up that was all over the phone. I like that one!

How about fakecabulary. The art of making up words that sound smart, but do not exist. Kenzie does this all the time...ex. "voidium," "footlets" & "lugly."