Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cause When You're Smiling...





Perhaps you've heard of the phenomenon of religious images showing up on foods. I call it "Divine Toastervention". The picture above is two classic examples of this. On the left, you can clearly see the face of Jesus and on the right, his lovely mother Mary. I was fortunate enough to have a similar experience this past week in lovely Cincinnati.

This week was a huge success for my co-workers and me. (Even beyond the vending machine experience detailed in A Twist of Fate) All of the software we were installing worked on the first try, it showed all the data we said it would and we got good feedback. Anyone who works with computer software knows this is a very rare event. Needless to say, we were smiling. We went out one evening and were celebrating our success. When our beers arrived, we raised our glasses and "toasted" to our great week. That must have been what did it.





I absolutely promise that this was a naturally occurring smiley face in my beer. I in no way altered the foam at the top of the glass. My two co-workers will vouch for it. I think Louis Armstrong said it best..."When you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you." Even your beer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your life is filled with happy faces. That is a great blog.
Mom

melissa o said...

A true miracle.