Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Going Postal...

I get the feeling our mail carrier hates our building. I can't say that I blame him/her. There are a few people here that frequently don't get their mail. They're either out of town, too lazy, or both. But whatever the reason, their boxes fill up, making it difficult for the carrier to deliver the mail. So as an act of postal rebellion, instead of just leaving the mail in the basket that we put under the mailboxes, he/she just crams it in the box. So, even though I get my mail every day without fail, I get the pleasure of coming home to this every day. (except Sundays and holidays)






I mean really... is this necessary? There was one letter and one advertisement and PLENTY of room for them to both peacefully co-exist in the mailbox. But no, they got jammed in there and mangled almost beyond recognition. The worst part is that there were valuable coupons in those advertisements. I mean, I don't mind the people at the restaurants thinking I'm a cheap ass, but I don't want them to think I'm a slob too. Sheesh.

So I'm thinking about planning some sort of creative retaliation. Maybe I'll just mail bundles of blank letters to myself with "DO NOT BEND" written on them. Maybe I'll randomly switch the order of the mailbox name labels every day. Either way I'll be able to collect the evidence needed to submit a perfectly legitimate complaint about my mail being ruined or incorrectly delivered...and I'll take that bastard down. So here's a warning to you, angry mail carrier... Knock it off, you're messing with the wrong male's mail.


Maybe if I hang this over the mailbox, it will help...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the BEST idea yet!

"Maybe I'll randomly switch the order of the mailbox name labels every day."

Anonymous said...

I think your letter carrier's name must be NEWMAN.
DS