Sunday, March 29, 2009

Twenty Seven Cents...



That's right $0.27...and it's all mine. How is it all mine you may ask? Well, look to the left. That's right, there's an advertisement there. I really have no idea how it works. There was a new tab on the setup screen on my blog next to Posting, Settings and Layout called "Monetize". Naturally, my eyes lit up. I signed up to link my blog to something called Adsense and that was it. They put "content sensitive ads" on my blog and when people click on them, I get paid. This is kind of a double bonus. First off, I get paid for people to read my blog. I've spent all this time working on my blog. Now, my blog is working for me. Second, they put "content sensitive ads" on the blog. This is really one of Google's claims to fame, targeted advertising. The best part is, as I'm sure you have noticed, my blog postings are pretty much ridiculous. So, the ads that show up are pretty funny. For example, I had a posting about how joining a healthclub is a great way for homeless people to combat their difficult situation. Under that post was an advertisement to support a foundation that supports the homeless and the hungry. So, if anyone disagrees with my solution for homelessness, they can just go ahead and help fix it themselves. It's win-win for everyone. The targeted, "relevant" ads for my ridiculous stories should be amusing.

So why $0.27? Well, that's how much money my blog has generated for me today...and it's only the second day.

So, to you...all my loyal readers...Click your hearts out. Click on all the ads. I don't care if you buy anything, but just click and click on them. Look at them, read them all. Think of it this way, the more money my blog makes for me, the less I have to work. The less I have to work, the more time I can devote to my blog. The more time I devote, the better and more creative the blog will be...and you, loyal reader, reap the benefits.

Happy Clicking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But you told me NOT to click on ads?
M

jschettini said...

I have ad-block enabled in Firefox HAHA! This way i dont have to see your stupid ads and therefore your little scam wont work on me. because i hate you. just kidding...but seriously...i hate you :-)