Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vocabulating...




Got a few words of the day for you. The first one was a suggestion from a friend of mine. He was describing a common and awkward situation many people find themselves in when in an elevator.

Elevoidance- The half-assed attempt when someone is coming towards the elevator that people make to reach towards the button that holds the door open. Then, they pretend that it was too late and the doors were already closing, followed by the expression on their face that says- "Oh, so sorry, I tried, I really did, you'll have to catch the next one. "

This next one is a battle I find myself facing all the time. In my endless search for good deals, I often find myself in the following situation.

Freesources- Connections people have that allow them to get things for free that most people have to pay for. Used in a sentence: "Well, it looks like I've exhausted all my freesources and we'll actually have to pay for our drinks tonight."


And finally, filling and emptying your tank...

Nozzillating- The act of shaking the the gas pump once it shuts off with hopes of getting a few more free drops of gas. This is very similar to the strategy used by men after urinating to ensure that the last few dripppies end up in the toilet and not their underwear.

This is sometimes followed by Hosillating (ho-zil-a-ting) by the more aggressive penny pinching fuelers, where the person lifts the entire hose to empty its contents into their tank. While this has no direct counterpart in the world of male urination, the "squeeze and pull" is pretty close. Guys, you know what I mean. Girls, you probably don't...but think about how you'd get that last bit of liquid out of a freezer pop. Same idea.

No comments: