Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Blog-Worthy


Some of you may remember the episode of Seinfeld that introduced us to the term "Sponge Worthy". This brings us to today's topic, Blog-Worthy. What is Blog-Worthy? Having built up a pretty solid reputation as a funny guy, I constantly find myself feeling pressured to "be funny". Every time I am introduced to someone new, they always start off with "I've heard you're soooo funny". So there I am, forced to live up to their pre-conceived notion that I am always hilarious. It's pretty stressful. This Blog presents me with the same challenge. I feel that I have to choose each topic carefully, to ensure it is in fact, Blog-Worthy. In other words, it has to be creative, informative, or funny enough to be worth presenting to you, my loyal followers. Which brings me to another point. FEEDBACK! Let me know what you think. If I post a story, a T-Shirt idea, Invention or anything else that gets concocted in that vault of useless knowledge known as my brain, I want to hear your thoughts about it. So, long story short, please post comments and feedback on any of these posts. (It will also help my side of the argument everytime the Schnoozle says "you think you're so funny don't you" Now I can say, Yep and so does...)

So today's Post is going to be the first of the "Word of the day" themed entries. These are words that to the best of my interest don't exist in the english language, but in my opinion, should. (Some of you may remember Sniglets from Rich Hall, a performer on the 1980's HBO series, Not Necessarily The News...same idea)

Here goes:

Showvoting- The act of wearing your "I voted today" sticker all day and bragging about how great you are for voting, how important each single vote is (just ask Al Franken about that one), why anyone who doesn't vote isn't as good of a person as you are, blah blah blah. Similar to the celebratory dance after a player spikes the football when scoring a touchdown known formally as Showboating.

Inhebriation-The act of becoming drunk on any of the delicious flavors of Manischewitz wine.
Note: Although the initial word was created for Manischewitz wine, I would also allow the use of the word if the Inhebriation was caused by any Mogen David wine, or either of the two He'Brew beers, Messiah bold or Genesis Ale.


Well, that's it for today. I now have about 23.5 hours to come up with something equally entertaining. Now do you understand the pressure I'm under?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. Mackenzsie has a word she would like me to share with you. The word is "lugly." It means something that looks pretty but smells bad. She said that the flowers outside the Jewish Home iin Rochester, NY smelled, "lugly" & then proceeded to tell me why! LOL! Looks like you may have some competition!!!

jschettini said...

i think you need an editor...change "in face" to "in fact" moron. love schettini-balls

Anonymous said...

Fair enough. Congratulations Schettini-balls. You got the job.

Anonymous said...

I always thought you were funny.And remember that I bought you your first "Sniglet" book.