Monday, December 8, 2008

How it all began....


This post will be covering a lot of material, so before you start, grab a snack or a drink, "go" if you have to "go", then cozy up and enjoy. So let's see, where to start... I think a good place would be here, specifically the section called "How We Met". Consider that the prerequisite to this post. As JewBoy's father, The SussDaddy always says, "there's three sides to every story, his side, her side and the truth". I think for those of you that have met the "Jewsian Fusion" that is JewBoy and Schnoozle, it will be pretty clear which way the truth leans.

Anyway, let's get to it. First, I think the title needs to be explained. We'll start with the nicknames. JewBoy is pretty straightforward, as many of you may know, I am in fact a Jew. Not so much in the religious sense, (although he was born to a jewish mother, circumsized..that's right, the turtle neck is gone AND Bar-Mitzvah'd) but more in the big nosed, jew fro'd, coupon using sense. Schnoozle on the otherhand is really more the product of a creative progression. For quite some time, I insisted on calling Schnoozle by a variety of nicknames. Some examples are: Snoogans, Puffalump, SnuggyPants, MuffinCakes, Poochie, Poochiekins, Snuggykins...etc. Then one day it happened, JewBoy called her Schnoozle. That was it, I finally found the perfect name. It's like one of those movies where the customer doesn't choose the car, the car chooses the customer. It was perfect. Of course there are several variations of the Schnoozle nickname. Schnooz, the short version, The Schnoozle, a more formal version, Schnoozie(s), Schnoozarella, when she's dressed up, Bonita Schnoozalini, the beautiful Italian Dictator, NudieSchnooz, (which includes prior to, during and after a shower) The great Schnoozini, magician extraordinaire, Schnoozapalooza, the alternative band outdoor concert and of course SchnooziePants. I think it's worth noting that none of the aforementioned nicknames are approved, or quite frankly even liked by Schnoozle, but as you can imagine that's of no concern to JewBoy. That pretty much sums up how the names came to be.

Now, onto the blog title. Our good friend over at findingthefat.blogspot.com decided that "The Adventures of JewBoy and Schnoozle" would make for a fairly entertaining blog. He's pretty familiar with some of the stories and adventures that we have been through and on several occasions made less than subtle suggestions that we needed to start a blog. Well, here it is. Not only has he found the fat but he's also insipired me to share our thoughts and experiences with the world.

What to expect... So here's some of the things that you may see here. I plan on having a variety of sections. Obviously, I will document our adventures together. There will also be sections of Invention Ideas, Words that don't exist but should, T-Shirt Ideas, Things that make me angry, and a whole slew of other entertaining tid-bits. Schnoozle also plans on posting here as well. It is my understanding that her posts will mostly be descriptions of the ridiculous things I do that she has to put up with.

And there it is, the start of what I can only hope will be an e-masterpiece bringing laughter and joy to the hearts of all our loyal followers. Welcome to the Adventure, it should be a fun ride.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love it! You've even inspired me to do some free-shnoozeling! Check it out: The Shnoozleopolis aka the house of Shnoozle, for shnoozle my noozle-word up to Snoop Dog, and finally the Shnooze Blues:)

You guys are awesome! What a perfect combo. Keep it up JewBoy! You are simply jewboylishios!!!



Julie

Loda said...

LOVE IT, I'm adding the link to my blog.

John McConnell said...

Whoop Whoop!!!!

Adam said...

Not only do I love the idea, I'm going to look into how to get Schnoozle defined in wikipedia.