Thursday, December 11, 2008

Let's Get Angry...



This will be the first installment of "Let's Get Angry", a regular occurrence on this site whenever something particularly bothersome happens and I feel the need to publicly rant about it. Celebrities are always an easy target and today's post will focus on just that. Enter Robert J. Ritchie. Who's that you may ask? Perhaps you know him by his more popular name, Kid Rock. I'll start off by saying this, I do commend Mr. Rock for his ability to somehow merge Rock and Roll, Country and Rap into his unique musical style. I think it's pretty safe to say that hard core Rap fans and hard core Country fans probably don't end up at the same dinner parties very often, so it's an impressive achievement. Unfortunately, it's pretty clear that this handsome fella is an asshole. Read this article to see what happened. In short, he's flipping out because Judge Wong didn't approve of him playing a concert as a punishment for his crime.

This is where I get angry. How is playing a concert a punishment for a crime? How could he even think that would be ok? That would be like if I vandalized a building and as punishment, was forced to give a presentation on the value of monitoring software. That's not a punishment, it's his job. The idea is that you have to do something you don't enjoy, or for that matter, get paid millions of dollars to do normally. On top of that, let's just say that punishment was approved. How do you explain to a group of soldiers serving in the Middle East that the only reason you are playing a concert for them is because you were sentenced to do so? I'm hoping that Judge Wong sentences him to something like asphalt paving in the summer in Georgia, porta-potty cleaning after the chili festival in DC, or even better, forcing him to listen to a Michael Bolton CD on repeat for the 80 hours. This is really the perfect opportunity to prove that "one Wong can make a right".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE your endings. You are so clever!!!That's MY boy!!!

jschettini said...

I have to say that if Kid Rock is sentenced to pave roads in GA, he can stay with me. A-hole or not, he sure knows how to party. And I'm sure that we would end up at a Waffle House before the night is through.

Anonymous said...

As my Editor-in-Chief Schettiniballs, I would like to think that you'd know better than to start a sentence with "and". It's so hard to find good help these days. And don't give me the excuse that you did it for emphasis. :-)

Nick M said...

hahahah, the porta potty cleaning after the chili festival is a halarious idea! but yeah, i do agree that hes a major asshole on why he would even consider that a sentence, maybe he got the idea from when it happened to john mellencamp.